[LAU] [New music]: Operation P - Main theme
Jeanette C.
2018-12-05 12:37:43 UTC
Hey hey,
this was sparked off by the earlier "mini soundtrack" called "Observation P".
It picks up on the - unintentional - melody of that snippet.
http://juliencoder.de/nama/operation_p-main_theme.ogg
http://juliencoder.de/nama/operation_p-main_theme.mp3

Sound generation is mostly LinuxSampler with free and commercial libraries.
Most of the rest was achieved by a hybrid analogue/digital synth and the last
few holes were stuffed with an old sample-based hardware synth.

I hope you enjoy it and feedback, as ever, is very much welcome.

Best wishes,

Jeanette
* GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I'm so curious, what do you think of me <3
(Britney Spears)
Francesco Ariis
2018-12-05 12:58:25 UTC
Post by Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
this was sparked off by the earlier "mini soundtrack" called "Observation
P". It picks up on the - unintentional - melody of that snippet.
http://juliencoder.de/nama/operation_p-main_theme.ogg
http://juliencoder.de/nama/operation_p-main_theme.mp3
Enjoyable, the theme is quite strong and the development in various
"stanzas" even more so.
Sonically very nice too: some sounds are distinctly not "orchestral"
to the ear (e.g. percussions), but this adds to the vibe of the track.

Good job!
Jeanette C.
2018-12-05 17:09:10 UTC
Hi Francesco and Kirk,
thank you both for your kind feedback. I'm glad you had a good listen and let
me know.

Best wishes,

Jeanette
* GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You know I'm one of a kind,
There'll never be another me <3
(Britney Spears)
Kirk Reiser
2018-12-05 16:08:19 UTC
Excellent Jeanette: Very melodic and rhythmic. I enjoyed the
percussion including what seemed to me like rim-shots.

It almost sounds poppy.

Kirk
Jeanette
Will Godfrey
2018-12-06 17:37:16 UTC
On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 13:37:43 +0100 (CET)
Post by Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
this was sparked off by the earlier "mini soundtrack" called "Observation P".
It picks up on the - unintentional - melody of that snippet.
http://juliencoder.de/nama/operation_p-main_theme.ogg
http://juliencoder.de/nama/operation_p-main_theme.mp3
Sound generation is mostly LinuxSampler with free and commercial libraries.
Most of the rest was achieved by a hybrid analogue/digital synth and the last
few holes were stuffed with an old sample-based hardware synth.
I hope you enjoy it and feedback, as ever, is very much welcome.
Best wishes,
Jeanette
Finally had time to listen to this. I like it. It's pretty good. I found the
synth sounds a bit strange - not unpleasant, just strange :p
--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk
Jeanette C.
2018-12-06 17:41:49 UTC
Dec 6 2018, Will Godfrey has written:
I found the synth sounds a bit strange - not unpleasant, just strange :p
Thanks Will. I actually take it as a compliment that you feel that way.
I was hoping for "slightly strange". :)

Best wishes,

Jeanette
* GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You might think that I won't make it on my own,
But now I'm Stronger <3
(Britney Spears)