[LAU] jack-dssi-host: chooose plugin UI
Jeanette C.
2018-11-17 21:23:00 UTC
Hey hey,
is there a way to choose a plugin's UI using jack-dssi-host from the terminal?

I'm thinking of hexter, which has a gtk and a text UI, but I haven't been able
to choose the text UI, since it's listed as the second one.

Best wishes and thanks,

Jeanette
* GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

She's so lucky,
she's a star
But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart... <3
(Britney Spears)
Sean Bolton
2018-11-18 19:39:45 UTC
Hi Jeanette,
Post by Jeanette C.
is there a way to choose a plugin's UI using jack-dssi-host from the terminal?
I'm thinking of hexter, which has a gtk and a text UI, but I haven't
been able to choose the text UI, since it's listed as the second
one.
Sorry, no. Currently, jack-dssi-host just uses the first GUI it
finds, which on your installation is apparently the gtk one. You
could do e.g.

$ cd /usr/lib/dssi/hexter && sudo mv hexter_gtk DISABLED_hexter_gtk

HTH,

-Sean
Jeanette C.
2018-11-18 22:56:00 UTC
Post by Sean Bolton
Hi Jeanette,
Post by Sean Bolton
$ cd /usr/lib/dssi/hexter && sudo mv hexter_gtk DISABLED_hexter_gtk
HTH,
Thanks Sean, I did something similar. It works of course, but one
always tries to play things by the rules, it makes things easier in the
long run, usually. :)

Great plugin, it's been a while since I've used it. I'm enjoying it very
much!

Best wishes,

Jeanette
* GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c