[LAU] [Music] Bel fiore dança
Francesco Ariis
2018-10-29 05:03:43 UTC
Hello everyone,
here is my transcription/rendition of a popular medieval dance,
"Bel fiore dança":

score (typeset with abcm2ps)
http://ariis.it/static/articles/renditions/scores/bel-fiore-dan%C3%A7a.pdf

music (synthesizer: aeolus)
http://ariis.it/static/articles/renditions/audio/bel-fiore-dan%C3%A7a.ogg

Enjoy, any feedback welcome
-F
Jeanette C.
2018-10-29 10:37:32 UTC
Oct 29 2018, Francesco Ariis has written:
Post by Francesco Ariis
music (synthesizer: aeolus)
http://ariis.it/static/articles/renditions/audio/bel-fiore-dan%C3%A7a.ogg
Hey hey Francesco,
nice one. I think it fits the sound of the organ well. But with the
nature of the organ, I always expected a bit more in the way of
harmonisation. Seeing that it is a cance and has a very steady rhythm, a
bit more huminsation or variation in the performance might have been
nice.

Overall, it has a good vibe, still very midieval. Thanks for sharing.

Best wishes,

Jeanette
* GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

If only I could trade the fancy cars
For a chance today,
it's incomparable <3
(Britney Spears)
David W. Jones
2018-10-29 15:54:38 UTC
Post by Francesco Ariis
Post by Francesco Ariis
music (synthesizer: aeolus)
http://ariis.it/static/articles/renditions/audio/bel-fiore-dan%C3%A7a.ogg
Hey hey Francesco,
nice one. I think it fits the sound of the organ well. But with the
nature of the organ, I always expected a bit more in the way of
harmonisation. Seeing that it is a cance and has a very steady rhythm, a
bit more huminsation or variation in the performance might have been
nice.
Overall, it has a good vibe, still very midieval. Thanks for sharing.
And a friend of mine who's interest lies in medieval music said that this piece played on keyboard of the time would not have been equal-tempered. Aeolus supports non-equal-tempered tuning, so you might try that option.

I liked the piece, too. Always nice to remember that dance music underlies a lot of music! Thanks for the opportunity to hear your work!

--
David W. Jones
***@hawaii.rr.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.
Will Godfrey
2018-11-01 11:16:54 UTC
On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 06:03:43 +0100
Post by Francesco Ariis
Hello everyone,
here is my transcription/rendition of a popular medieval dance,
score (typeset with abcm2ps)
http://ariis.it/static/articles/renditions/scores/bel-fiore-dan%C3%A7a.pdf
music (synthesizer: aeolus)
http://ariis.it/static/articles/renditions/audio/bel-fiore-dan%C3%A7a.ogg
Enjoy, any feedback welcome
-F
Very nice work indeed. Somehow I recognised you were using aeolus as soon as I
heard the first note! It does seem to have a characteristic sound - and
appropriate for the style :)
--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk
Francesco Ariis
2018-11-01 13:15:12 UTC
Hello Will,
Post by Will Godfrey
Very nice work indeed. Somehow I recognised you were using aeolus as soon as I
heard the first note! It does seem to have a characteristic sound - and
appropriate for the style :)
Indeed aeolus has unique, 'otherly' sounds. Thanks for the feedback
(Jeanette and David too)!