[LAU] Acid December 2018
Set Hallstrom
2018-11-12 12:30:20 UTC
Hi all,

As happens every year with very special winters, the thousand year old
tradition of Acid December takes places this year! What is special with
this years winter you may ask: there is Acid December!

Some of you contributed delicious acid in 2015 and perhaps you want to
do it again?

For those of you new to this, it is very simple: every day during
December a track is released on acid.datapop.se Depending on the amount
of contributions, this can last long into the months after. The music
should be acid (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_house
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_techno ). You may include a picture,
a text and a link to wherever on the interwebs you'd want to be found.
Or stay anonymous. Obviously your tracks need to be licensed in a way
that permits being freely distributed in a non-commercial context.
Please submit reasonably sized mp3/ogg files.

Looking forward to listen!

Yours,
Set Sakrecoer
Set Hallstrom
2018-11-12 12:33:52 UTC
erhm... forgot an important detail...
send your contributions to:
acid at datapop dot se

And spread the word; the more the merrier! :)
Set Sakrecoer
Louigi Verona
Set Sakrecoer
2018-11-13 12:57:02 UTC
Post by Louigi Verona
I am so in!!! Can one submit several tracks? From what I remember from 2015
the answer should be yes :)
\o/ Cool! I was hopeing you would respond; your 2015 tracks are still going warm in my playlists. :)

To answer the question: absolutely, you may submit as many as you like! Same applies for any and everyone!

Warm regards from cold Sweden,
--
Set Sakrecoer

Sent from my pocket-calculator
Set Sakrecoer
2018-12-06 11:02:33 UTC
Today is our very own Louigi Verona's day on acid December with the banger of ranger "Grindelwald"

http://acid.datapop.se/2018/12/06/

Aciiiiiiiiiiiiid!
Louigi Verona
2018-12-06 13:27:37 UTC
You can guess which movie I was watching right before making this :)

Louigi Verona
https://louigiverona.com/
Set Sakrecoer
2018-12-08 10:21:30 UTC
You're on today as well! Very cool track I must say; ancient catwalk kung-fu rocking the run way kinda feeling!

http://acid.datapop.se/2018/12/08/

We publish the track in the order we receive them, felt like the easiest way to do it :)
Post by Set Sakrecoer
of ranger "Grindelwald"
http://acid.datapop.se/2018/12/06/
Aciiiiiiiiiiiiid!
On November 13, 2018 12:57:02 PM UTC, Set Sakrecoer
Louigi Verona
2018-12-08 11:10:58 UTC
Ahaha! Love the photo :D

Louigi Verona
https://louigiverona.com/
Louigi Verona
2018-12-08 11:12:55 UTC
Thank you for the kind words about the track. My friend the sound engineer
was generally happy with it, but lamented that the 303 in the beginning is
not in the same space as the drums. So if I decide to put together an Acid
December EP after this, I should fix it. The drums are dry, but 303 is
reverberated. In the middle of the track this is hidden by other sounds and
sounds fine.

Louigi Verona
https://louigiverona.com/
Post by Louigi Verona
Ahaha! Love the photo :D
Louigi Verona
https://louigiverona.com/
Post by Set Sakrecoer
You're on today as well! Very cool track I must say; ancient catwalk
kung-fu rocking the run way kinda feeling!
http://acid.datapop.se/2018/12/08/
We publish the track in the order we receive them, felt like the easiest way to do it :)
Set Sakrecoer
2018-12-08 13:39:51 UTC
I don't feel any of that. But that is the privilege of contemplation I suppose: as a listener, all I can do is take it in and assume it is how it is meant to be.

I try to think about that when I do my own music. And my personal rule of thumb is once it it released out in the wild (as opposed to introduced to a few co-workers or close friends) I don't go back. Little do I know, I might be killing that vibe someone built up around the track with stuff I considered to be dirt.

This said, I can only speak for myself and if you feel you want to do edits you should :) either way, it's a great idea to release an EP with your material. It's well worth it!
Post by Louigi Verona
Thank you for the kind words about the track. My friend the sound engineer
was generally happy with it, but lamented that the 303 in the beginning is
not in the same space as the drums. So if I decide to put together an Acid
December EP after this, I should fix it. The drums are dry, but 303 is
reverberated. In the middle of the track this is hidden by other sounds and
sounds fine.
Louigi Verona
https://louigiverona.com/
Post by Louigi Verona
Ahaha! Love the photo :D
Louigi Verona
https://louigiverona.com/
Post by Set Sakrecoer
You're on today as well! Very cool track I must say; ancient catwalk
kung-fu rocking the run way kinda feeling!
http://acid.datapop.se/2018/12/08/
We publish the track in the order we receive them, felt like the
easiest
Post by Louigi Verona
way to do it :)
Post by Louigi Verona
You can guess which movie I was watching right before making this
:)
Post by Louigi Verona
Post by Set Sakrecoer
Post by Louigi Verona
Louigi Verona
https://louigiverona.com/
Post by Louigi Verona
Post by Set Sakrecoer
Post by Louigi Verona
Post by Set Sakrecoer
Post by Louigi Verona
Post by Louigi Verona
Post by Set Sakrecoer
Post by Louigi Verona
Post by Set Sakrecoer
Post by Louigi Verona
Post by Set Sakrecoer
Warm regards from cold Sweden,
--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my
brevity.
Post by Louigi Verona
Set Sakrecoer
Christopher Arndt
2018-12-06 17:40:49 UTC
Post by Set Sakrecoer
Today is our very own Louigi Verona's day on acid December with the
banger of ranger "Grindelwald"
http://acid.datapop.se/2018/12/06/
Great. I enjoyed listening to the entries so far. I quite liked the one
from Dec 2nd with the Duduk lead.

Chris
Set Sakrecoer
2018-12-08 10:39:14 UTC
Post by Christopher Arndt
Post by Set Sakrecoer
Today is our very own Louigi Verona's day on acid December with the
banger of ranger "Grindelwald"
http://acid.datapop.se/2018/12/06/
Great. I enjoyed listening to the entries so far. I quite liked the one
from Dec 2nd with the Duduk lead.
Chris
Me too, especially the part where the violin(?) kicks in. Odd combination but works very well!
Set
Set Sakrecoer
2018-12-01 08:19:58 UTC
And it is aliiiiiive!

With amazing website, such 90s! much 10s! wow fonts! Many CSS spinnnnnnnnz!

http://acid.datapop.se
Set Sakrecoer
Ralf Mardorf
2018-12-01 08:58:15 UTC
Post by Set Sakrecoer
And it is aliiiiiive!
With amazing website, such 90s! much 10s! wow fonts! Many CSS
spinnnnnnnnz!
http://acid.datapop.se
Nice vintage bling-bling web design. Reminds me of
http://www.karzauninkat.com/Goldhtml/goldhtml.htm. Unfortunately
the "goldene Regeln" of bad HTML don't work anymore, for example
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/blink, so
it's hard to maintain vintage style web pages.
Set Hallstrom
2018-12-01 09:18:32 UTC
Post by Ralf Mardorf
Nice vintage bling-bling web design. Reminds me of
http://www.karzauninkat.com/Goldhtml/goldhtml.htm. Unfortunately
the "goldene Regeln" of bad HTML don't work anymore, for example
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/blink, so
it's hard to maintain vintage style web pages.
True! The original intent was to use lots of blink, but a funky CSS3
animation alternative was chosen :D I've realized there is so much
madness to render websites utterly-hard-to-read that i could only dream
of in the 90's now a days ! Unfortunately many cellphones seems to
struggle when you add the cherry on the whipped sour-cream :D

/* hue */
@-webkit-keyframes color_change {
from { filter:hue-rotate(0deg); }
to { filter:hue-rotate(360deg); }
}
@-moz-keyframes color_change {
from { filter:hue-rotate(0deg); }
to { filter:hue-rotate(360deg); }
}
@-ms-keyframes color_change {
from { filter:hue-rotate(0deg); }
to { filter:hue-rotate(360deg); }
}
@-o-keyframes color_change {
from { filter:hue-rotate(0deg); }
to { filter:hue-rotate(360deg); }
}
@keyframes color_change {
from { filter:hue-rotate(0deg); }
to { filter:hue-rotate(360deg); }
}

#id_of_blink_ting {

-webkit-animation: color_change 1s infinite linear;
-moz-animation: color_change 1s infinite linear;
-ms-animation: color_change 1s infinite linear;
-o-animation: color_change 1s infinite linear;
animation: color_change 1s infinite linear;
}

Tune the timer for seizure inducing seizure-warnings
Set Sakrecoer
Ralf Mardorf
2018-12-01 09:52:58 UTC
Unfortunately many cellphones seems to struggle when you add the
cherry on the whipped sour-cream :D
While this is bad for sarcastic artwork, most people benefit from this
limitation. I do not benefit from it, since I don't own, use any kind
of cellular thingy. Actually I ordered an 12.9-inch iPad Pro 1TB, but
_without_ "cellular" ;). Regarding telephone, I only use landline and
even my cassette tape recorder telephone answering device is
disconnected. First I spoke a very, very long announcement in the
style of https://www.wdrmaus.de/, explaining a telephone answering
device, but people still waited for the "beep", sometimes just to leave
the note, that they like my ironically "wdrmaus" style explanation, so
after a while I disconnected it.
--
Kitty, Daisy & Lewis - The Game Is On

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis - Down On My Knees

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis - Black Van

Set Hallstrom
2018-12-01 10:05:55 UTC
Post by Ralf Mardorf
Regarding telephone, I only use landline and
even my cassette tape recorder telephone answering device is
disconnected.
No surprise, you are probably the most cyberpunk person I've come across
on the world wild webb, whether it is a genre you'd adhere to or not. I
aspire to more disconnection, but work has had me do compromises I'm
still not too comfortable with. Perhaps it is my slightly
cynical-leaning but still positive optimism speaking, i think we're
approaching a shift where disconnection is becoming the ultimate
societal status. I hear for example of a music scene that only takes
place on dead-drops [1] poetically labeled "Forbidden music"... I still
have to come across one of those dead-drops. (I'm actually planning on
cementing a few USB sticks this weekend) but my sources tell me this
might be where the Dark-Vapour scene started.
Post by Ralf Mardorf
https://www.wdrmaus.de/
Not sure about the style, but i recognize a friendly face from back when
i had German TV but didn't understand a word of it <3

[1]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_drop
Set Sakrecoer
Ralf Mardorf
2018-12-01 10:26:23 UTC
Post by Set Hallstrom
Post by Ralf Mardorf
[...]

Btw.

[***@archlinux ~]$ uptime
11:17:41 up 3 days, 3:58, 1 user, load average: 0.02, 0.10, 0.19

Just 3 days, only because I needed to reboot, since I wanted to test a
kernel from Arch's testing (or staging) repository.

I'm not per se against being connected, I'm just against having no time
to be all by myself.
Set Hallstrom
2018-12-01 10:32:02 UTC
Post by Ralf Mardorf
I'm not per se against being connected, I'm just against having no time
to be all by myself.
An important distinction that i agree with 777%
Set Sakrecoer
Ralf Mardorf
2018-12-01 09:16:24 UTC
Post by Ralf Mardorf
Post by Set Sakrecoer
And it is aliiiiiive!
With amazing website, such 90s! much 10s! wow fonts! Many CSS
spinnnnnnnnz!
http://acid.datapop.se
Nice vintage bling-bling web design. Reminds me of
http://www.karzauninkat.com/Goldhtml/goldhtml.htm. Unfortunately
the "goldene Regeln" of bad HTML don't work anymore, for example
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/blink, so
it's hard to maintain vintage style web pages.
Off-topic:

https://github.com/Swordfish90/cool-retro-term
--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{,-securityink,-pussytoes,-cornflower}}|cut -d\ -f2
4.19.5.arch1-1