[LAU] setBfree: not accept ALSA MIDI driver
Jeanette C.
2018-11-20 16:19:05 UTC
Hey hey,
I've tried to configure setBfree to use the ALSA MIDI sequencer API for MIDI
ports, but to no avail.

The relevant line in my configuration reads:
midi.driver=alsa
There is no error message on the console and I specifically included the
config file using the -c option. Can anyone help to settle this, please?

Best wishes,

Jeanette
* GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

And when you say those words
It's the sweetest thing I've ever heard <3
(Britney Spears)
Robin Gareus
2018-11-20 16:59:53 UTC
Post by Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
I've tried to configure setBfree to use the ALSA MIDI sequencer API for
MIDI ports, but to no avail.
midi.driver=alsa
There is no error message on the console and I specifically included the
config file using the -c option. Can anyone help to settle this, please?
Hi Jeanette,

Was setBfree compiled with ALSA Sequencer support?

ALSA sequencer support was deprecated and disabled in setBfree by
default in March 2015. It is still available when you compile it with
`make ENABLE_ALSA=yes` (do a `make clean` first).

then ./src/setBfree midi.driver=alsa still works here.

In general I do however recommend to prefer the LV2 plugin version of
the organ.

Cheers!
robin
Jeanette C.
2018-11-20 17:04:42 UTC
Hi Robin,
Nov 20 2018, Robin Gareus has written:
Post by Robin Gareus
Was setBfree compiled with ALSA Sequencer support?
Ah, I suspect not then. I'm using the Arch package. Didn't know about
the deprecation.
Post by Robin Gareus
In general I do however recommend to prefer the LV2 plugin version of
the organ.
Alas, impractical, since LV2 plugins of that kind are not really
comfortable on the commandline. Still, I can live with JACK, there are
briding tools after all.

Thanks and best wishes,