[LAU] [Music] Ocean sky (electronica)
Jeanette C.
2018-10-31 22:11:27 UTC
Hey hey,
I just released a new electronic song, though a little more subtle than the
last ones:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/ocean_sky.ogg
http://juliencoder.de/nama/ocean_sky.mp3
A liquid river between Drum & Bass, trance and EDM. Too slow for one, too fast
for the other, but mostly soozing and earwormy. :)

On the Linux side I have used Yoshimi for the soft flute like sound and the
bell-like tones, i.e. in the intro. The ticking clock is sampled into LS, the
hihats are from the Salamander kkit, the tron choir comes from the
free Gigatron GIG and the piano is a commercial thing loaded into LS. The
other synths were hardware. Naturally the mix was immersed in reverb and
delay, courtesy mostly of Fons' G2verb, CAPS stereo plate and TAP stereo echo.
Production included Fons' parametric EQ, Invada studio compressro and a bit of
the TAP limiter. This list is not complete, but covers 80%. :)

As ever feedback is welcome, but ostly enjoy,

Jeanette
* GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I can't believe it's what I see
That the girl in the mirror
The girl in the mirror Is me <3
(Britney Spears)
Hank Stanglow
That's a perfect description of this track. Well done.
Louigi Verona
2018-11-01 10:10:05 UTC
Incredible work. Very much in the vein of tracking music. The diversity of
sounds, the transitions... Love it!

Louigi Verona
https://louigiverona.com/
Jeanette C.
2018-11-01 10:56:09 UTC
Hey hey Louigi and Hank,
thanks for both of your nice comments. Very much appreciated. I'm glad
that it appears to have worked out.

Best wishes,

Jeanette
Post by Jeanette C.
[...]

All you people look at me like I'm a little girl.
Well did you ever think it be okay for me to step into this world. <3
(Britney Spears)
Will Godfrey
2018-11-01 11:46:20 UTC
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 23:11:27 +0100 (CET)
Post by Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
I just released a new electronic song, though a little more subtle than the
http://juliencoder.de/nama/ocean_sky.ogg
http://juliencoder.de/nama/ocean_sky.mp3
A liquid river between Drum & Bass, trance and EDM. Too slow for one, too fast
for the other, but mostly soozing and earwormy. :)
:)

Good description. Quite a change of style for you I think. Very much enjoyed
this.
--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk
Kirk Reiser
2018-11-01 14:15:52 UTC
Hey Jeanette: Allow me to add to the praises already cast and say I
too really enjoyed it.

I also liked the stereo drum movement.

Kirk
Jeanette C.
2018-11-01 17:04:42 UTC
Hi Will and Kirk,
thank you too for commenting and so kindly at that.

And Will: special thanks to you again for extending Yoshimi's commandline
capabilities relentlessly, so they are now at a point which gives total
control. It's a very valuable and valued instrument.

Best wishes,

Jeanette
Post by Will Godfrey
Post by Jeanette C.
for the other, but mostly soozing and earwormy. :)
:)
Good description. Quite a change of style for you I think. Very much
enjoyed
Post by Will Godfrey
this.
--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk
Say you have a poem and I have a tune.

What's practical is logical. What the hell, who cares?
All I know is I'm so happy when you're dancing there. <3
(Britney Spears)
A. P. Garcia